Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I just gotta say it!

I don't believe that you have to be in a relationship to be happy, and I don't believe that anyone else can really make you whole. I'm sure my enthusiasm at my relationship comes off that way, but it's really not. What I'm excited about is finding someone who so compliments me. Someone who I am genuinely and amazingly happy with and since I know that is rare I have no other emotion to feel but happiness.

Dan does so many things for me that I can't keep track. In the beginning I tried, but all the awesome things just kept coming! I realized I didn't need to hermetically seal each event because there were fresh ones to enjoy all the time! Then I started learning how to incorporate this new found joy into my life without taking it for granted.

For example: Today I came home from work, figuring it to be a rather usual day. I would spend an hour at home before going to get Willow. There was a card on the door with a clue as to the whereabouts of my surprise. It was a large hummus from Bada West.
Then he offered to pick Willow up for me. And he gave me a massage. And took the videos back.
What's more is that since our wallets are not fat these days he decided that the best use of our money was to make me feel happy and loved. Instead of freaking out and being upset about what we don't have he took hold of what we DO have and used it to bring a smile to my face.

This is rare. This is not your average person. I don't care that everyone is probably sick of me being so gushy about my partner/boyfriend/husband.

I'm happy, god damnit, and it is enriched by the fact that I wasn't happy for sooooooo long.

Way to rock my face.

2 comments:

  1. Your face rocks on its own, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I so identify with the impulse to hermetically seal each good experience on the chance that it's the last one. But there are more of them coming. More and more and more...hurray!

    ReplyDelete